Business Development Manager MRO
Business Development Manager MRO (BDM on the web)
Flexible on UK location
Full-Time or 37.5 hours per week
Office hours Monday – Friday
Group Business Development Director
The purpose of this role is:
To develop and nurture new MRO business and customers, managing the customer experience and meeting the strategic objectives of the Group.
Key responsibilities and duties:
- Manage bids to win profitable business in the maintenance, repair, and overhaul sector that align with Group capabilities and aspirations.
- Create key customer retention and development plans.
- Gather market intelligence, analyse, and communicate findings internally.
- Provide input to the strategic direction and business plans for the MRO business.
- Identify and develop targets to grow the order pipeline.
- Create capture plans and work closely with senior management.
- Seek and distribute customer feedback to enhance the customer experience.
- Understand and promote the wider Group offering, identifying wider opportunities.
- Undertake and support general marketing activities and presentations for all Group activities.
- Demonstrate a passion for the aviation business and a business-winning attitude.
- Minimum of 3 years sales experience in an MRO or similar technical services field.
- Understanding of engineering principles and processes at commercial aviation standards.
- Existing network in the airline and aviation sector is preferred but not essential.
- Excellent presentation and communication skills including bid construction.
- As a key representative, champion professional, ethical and ambassadorial standards.
- Understanding of commercial drivers and basic accounting principles in business analysis.
- Persuasive and collaborative approach to customer management.
- Demonstrate a personable, positive, “can-do” attitude with accuracy and attention to detail.
- Highly organised and methodical, confident person.
- Have the capability of working effectively as part of a busy team.
Qualifications and Certificates
- Qualifications that demonstrate a deep understanding of aviation and a technical appreciation of aircraft maintenance will be considered very favourably.
- Regular attendance in Guernsey and Bristol is required with occasional visits to Northolt and High Wycombe.
- Required to travel within the UK and internationally for exhibitions and customer visits on a regular basis.
- Full UK driving licence required.
- Ability to be UK security-cleared is preferred.
- Annual leave 25 days plus Bank Holidays.
- Flexible working to meet the needs of the role.
- Business expenses covered.
- Pension scheme (after 3 months).
- Mental Health Support Programme.